Spring plumbing is one of those things that few homeowners think of and even fewer want to deal with. Since your plumbing system is relatively self-sufficient, you probably don’t give it much thought unless there is a problem. However, waiting for problems to develop is a good way to find yourself in need of costly repairs. Keeping up with maintenance is much more affordable, and it’s a good way to avoid a visit from an emergency plumber.
Spring is an excellent time to start thinking about what steps you can take to give your home’s plumbing system a bit of TLC. Here are a few tips
Spring Plumbing Maintenance Tips
Springtime brings on thoughts of spring cleaning, and it’s also a great time to clean out your plumbing system.
- Pour a gallon of hot water into drains that aren’t used frequently. This clears out buildup and allows you to check for clogs.
- Run a cycle of vinegar through your sump pump to remove mold and bacteria.
- Drain your water heater to get rid of build up.
- Pour white vinegar and baking soda infrequently used drains to remove buildup and odors.
- Have your sewer line inspected and cleaned to eliminate clogs and prevent backups.
Now is also a good time to carefully examine any exposed pipes for leaks. Be sure to look under sinks and in other areas that aren’t used frequently. Fix any small leaks immediately to prevent larger problems.
Spring Plumbing Maintenance in Phoenix
If you need spring plumbing maintenance call your local Phoenix plumber – Plumbing Masters can help! We offer a full range of plumbing maintenance and repair services to ensure that your home’s plumbing system is in peak condition for the coming months.
For fast, affordable plumbing service in the Phoenix area, please contact Plumbing Masters today by calling 602-296-1127.