Easy Ways to Save on Your Water Bill
April, 25th, 2016 at 2:20 pm
Categories: Education, Water Tags: water bills, water conservation, water consumption
Are skyrocketing water bills draining your wallet? If so, you certainly aren’t alone. While conserving water may seem like a major undertaking, there are actually several easy ways to decrease your water bill.
How to Conserve Water in Your Home
- Check for leaks in your toilet. A leaky toilet wastes a lot of water. To detect a leak, put a little bit of food coloring in the tank. If you start seeing color in the bowl within 30 minutes and you haven’t flushed, you have a leak. Fortunately, many toilet problems are pretty cheap and easy to fix.
- Check your faucets and pipes for leaks. Did you know that a simply drippy faucet can waste up to 20 gallons of water every single day? And that’s nothing compared to the thousands of gallons that can be wasted by a major leak.
- Use your water meter to find hidden leaks. If you suspect a leak but you can’t find it, check your water, wait two hours (without running any water), then heck it again. If it doesn’t read the exact same both times, there’s a leak somewhere.
- Install Water Saving Showerheads and Low Flow Faucet Aerators. These devices are inexpensive and easy to install, and they can save you a considerable amount of money.
- Put plastic bottles in your toilet’s tank. Weigh some plastic water bottles down with sand or pebbles. Put them in your toilet’s tank to displace some of the water and reduce the amount that is used when you flush.
- Don’t run your dishwasher or washing machine unless you have a full load. Don’t waste water on small loads. If you do need to run a small load, adjust the water level accordingly.
These are just a few of the many ways to save money on your monthly water bills. If you think you may have a leak and need Phoenix leak detection or you need any type of plumbing service in Phoenix, call Plumbing Masters at 602-296-1127 today.